Photographer in Tokyo and Paris.
“The beauty of dancers and costumes" is an exploration of the uniqueness of stage photography, and represents a branch in Yumiko’s journey into the creative imagination of elegance.
Through her world travels she has found her true vocation in life. On a trip to Eastern Europe at a palace ballet performance she saw an opportunity to capture these magical ballet dance moments on film which are now hallmark elements in her photographic work. Upon returning to Japan, she immersed herself further in the world of dance by becoming a ballerina.
Her works consist of capturing backstage a photographic journey from the ballerina daily practice to their actual performances. She has followed ballet as a motif. From the TuTu series shown frequently in exhibits and awarded in Japan. To the artwork used in Miyako Yoshida’s “My endless journey”. To the unique photographic style on the music CD jacket "Piano Dance.", which captures a simple moment of ballet beauty. Her work has also been collected in the National Library of France.
- 2002 [Children of the brick town－Portraits of Nepal－] Doi Photo Gallery (Tokyo)
- 2003 Exhibition to commemorate the publication of [Children of the brick town －Portraits of Nepal－] Crayonhouse(Tokyo)
- 2003 [TuTu1] The Obsession Gallery (Tokyo)
- 2005 [TuTu2] The Obsession Gallery (Tokyo)
- 2008 [TuTu3] The Gallery Tosei (Tokyo)
- 2013 [Kocyo no yume1] The Amore Ginza Gallery (Tokyo)
- 2013 [TuTu] The Coalpit Gallery (Fukushima)
- 2014 [Kocyo no yume2] Bunkamura Wall Gallery (Tokyo)
- 2014 [Hommage à Degas] Bunkamura Wall Gallery (Tokyo)
- 2014 [Sanctuary] The Coalpit Gallery (Fukushima)
- 2017 [Rêve de papillon] Galerie New Image (Paris)
- 2005 Portrait exhibition of Miyako Yoshida to commemorate her 10th anniversary as Principal at the British Royal Ballet
Mikimoto Hall (Nagoya. Ginza, Tokyo), Hillside Forum (Daikanyama, Tokyo)
- 2006 [TuTu ] FESTIVAL DU FILM ASIANTIQUE DE DEAUVILLE (Deauville）
- 2008 [Etude] Galerie PHOTO４ (Paris）
- 2010 [Nepalese women ] Galerie PHOTO４ (Paris）
- 2021 [French Crossing ] NH park Galler (Tokyo）
Published Photography Collection
- 2003 [Children of the brick town－Portraits of Nepal－](published by Mitsumura Printing）
- 2005 She is one of the four participating artists in the photo illustrated essay: [Miyako Yoshida / My Endless Journey] (published by Hankyu Communications Publishing)
- 2000 Awarded Second Price for [Living Straight (Nepal) ], at the Female Photographers Exhibition periodically held during the Photography Month in Tokyo.
- 2004 Awarded for [TuTu] at the National Nika Exhibition.
- 2006 Awarded for Second Grand Prize [TuTu] at the Photographs Union Exhibition.
- 2012 Bibliothèque Nationale de France